Skip to main content

COVID-19 & How it Affected Many Lives

Hi everyone!


I'm here with one of my good friends, Addison Garcia. She's taking some time off of her busy schedule to answer some questions about COVID-19, how it affected her day-to-day life, and much more.

(The interview has started)

Georgia: Hi Addison, thanks for being here!

Addison: Hi! Thanks for inviting me to do this! 

Q1: When COVID-19 first started, what did you feel? How did you react?

A1: I was terrified, it was this whole new thing, suddenly killing so many people, my anxiety was going through the roof. I was also sad that quarantine suddenly happened because I couldn't see friends and family but it was for the best.

Q2: COVID-19 infected and killed so many people worldwide. The statistics are showing 172 million people have been affected and 3.7 million people have died worldwide. Is that scary for you?

A2: Yes, it's very scary. My own great grandma passed away due to it and it's honestly heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost someone due to this awful virus.

Q3: How did COVID-19 have an effect on you, your family, and your mental health?

A3: For me it was awful. My anxiety was at an all time high, I was terrified, sad, lonely and my mind was a whole mess. My mental health declined really fast. Same for my family, especially for my mom. She was horrified.

Q4: There are 4 main types of COVID-19 vaccines. Does that provide a glimmer of hope that things will get better?

A4: Yes, 100% the cases where I live have gone down quite a lot. And it makes me feel safer knowing that so many people including myself are able to get the vaccine.

Q5: Does not seeing your friends in person for a long time have an effect on your mental health?

A5: Yes, I used to see my friends every single day in school and then I suddenly couldn't see them and haven't seen them in over a year now, I think. My friends bring me joy, make me happy and help me not get bored and without them life has been really dull.

Q6: What are some of the challenges you faced before and/or during these unprecedented times?

A6: During these times I've struggled with being unmotivated, anxious, and lonely. Whenever I'd go through a rough patch since I was already alone I'd push away/isolate myself from people.

Q7: What do you think were causing the spikes and or waves during this global pandemic?

A7: There are 2 things. 1, people not listening to the rules. During the whole time covid has been around, people just go around without masks, partying and not caring which is so disrespectful and disgusting of them to do. As well as the different variants. The different variants could also be helping the spread of this virus.

Q8: As we're nearing the end of this pandemic, what were some things you wish you knew beforehand?

A8: There are so many things I wish I'd have known beforehand. I wish I knew how serious it would actually become, I wish I knew that I was never alone during these tough times. I wish I knew that I'd lose contact with people, that life would completely change with covid around.

Q9: Has covid stopped you from doing something that you enjoy/something that makes you happy?

A9: Yes covid has stopped me from doing many things I enjoy. I can’t do archery, which I loved, can't see friends, can't do even normal things like getting ice cream right now.

Q10: How would your life be if covid wasn't a thing

A10: My life would be very different, I'd probably be doing better in school, I'd be able to go to my job more, I'd definitely see my friends more often.

Q11:Are you an advocate for vaccines, masks, quarantine etc?

A11: Yes, I strongly believe people are just wearing masks, distancing and following the rules.

Q12: If an anti-masker came up to you what would you do?

A12: I would literally walk away or try to explain to them why it's disrespectful of them to bot be wearing masks

Q13: What have you been doing to keep yourself busy?

A13: Facetimng friends, chores, going out for walks, drawing, and listening to music.

Q14: This is the last question, how did COVID-19 affect your school life and you do in school?

A14:During covid my grades have surprisingly gone higher than ever before. I don't know how but I've been doing really well with online school.

Q15: Tell me about how you're feeling during these times of uncertainty. How do you handle the stress we've all been experiencing? Where could you improve?

A15: I have so many mixed feelings. I have hope that things may get better, I'm also scared, mad, sad. To handle stress I usually just try to do things I like and look on the brightside. But I also tend to isolate myself a lot when I'm stressed and anxious so I definitely need to improve in that area.

Thank you again, Addison Garcia, for agreeing to do this with me! Please comment down below if you liked this, this is my first blog post!


~ Georgia Webber with Addison Garcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life of A Busy Blogger

Hi everyone! The bright, warm sun is shining through the partially open window. It's a warm June day. The air smells of freshly cut grass. I feel the bright, warm sun on my face. I blink myself awake. I try to go back to sleep, but it's no use. I roll over to check the time, it's 8:15. I get out of bed and throw on some clothes. I picked up a washed blue button-up shirt with green cargo capris. It's my normal (and favorite) go-to look right now. I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. By the time I'm done all that, it's already 8:35. I go in front of my laptop to post one of my pre-written blogs. I always write two posts per work week. That way I always have extras if I want to take a day or a few days off. After posting my blog, I got breakfast. I make myself two fried eggs with two pieces of buttered toast. I'm sitting on the couch eating my breakfast while I'm also planning for my vlog about organizing and decorating. Once I'm done with my break

Leap of Absence

Hi everyone! I will be taking a leap of absence for at least a week or two. I'm sorry about this late notice as I do post every Monday. I have been busy lately with this and something else I'm working on. If I end up not posting, it's because I need a break from posting and because I am currently working on something else. I'm trying to get two blog posts done per week, but I can only do one right now. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused! If you do have any concerns with this, please put them in the comment section down below and I'll try to answer them! ~ Georgia Webber